Issued: 10th March 2016
- The BC Website is hosted by Shopify which provides the e-commerce platform that enables us to provide products and services to you.
- When you visit the BC Website, place an order, sign up for a BC Website account or use the BC Website’s other services, Shopify collects personal information about you. When you use/access the BC Website you agree to Shopify collecting (whether directly, via cookies or by other means) personal information about you, including: your name, email address, shipping and billing addresses, payment details, company name, phone number, IP address and device data. It needs this information to enable us to provide products and services to you, including supporting and processing orders, authentication and processing payments. It also uses this information to improve its services.
- When using your personal data in the supply of services to enable us to provide products and services to you, Shopify may transmit and/or process it outside the European Economic Area. It stores your data through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. It stores it on a secure computer server behind a firewall in the United States (such computer server being managed and controlled by an entity that is U.S. “Safe Harbour” certified) so if you use or otherwise access the BC Website you agree to your data being transferred to and processed in the United States. Shopify follows industry standards on information security management to safeguard your personal information.
- Shopify works with third -parties to help us provide services to you. You agree to Shopify providing your personal information to those third -parties to support these efforts and to such third- parties collecting, using, retaining and disclosing your personal information, whether collected from us or you directly, via cookies or by other means. Shopify remains responsible for any personal information transferred to a third- party abroad for processing or to support its efforts. Any personal information transferred to a third- party for data processing is subject by law to a comparable level of protection as provided by Shopify. In certain limited circumstances Shopify may be required by law to share information with third -parties. You also agree to Shopify sharing personal information with any company that acquires the Shopify business.
- If you use a direct payment gateway to make payment for a purchase from us Shopify will store your credit or debit card data but for only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After your purchase transaction is completed your purchase transaction information is deleted. Your purchase transaction data is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council. However no transmission of information over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
Working with Third-Parties
- We work with third-parties to help provide services to you. You agree to us providing your personal information to those third-parties to support these efforts and to such third-parties collecting, using, retaining and disclosing your personal information, whether collected from us or you directly, via cookies or by other means. This may involve your personal data being transferred, stored and processed outside the European Economic Area.
- In general third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways, and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions and for these providers we recommend you read their privacy policies to understand how your personal information will be handled by them.
Category 1: strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are needed to enable the website to provide services you require, like moving around it and using its features, such as e-billing and shopping baskets.
Category 2: performance cookies
These cookies collect aggregated information about how people use the website and its features. They do not collect information identifying an individual. They are used to improve the website’s service and understand users’ requirements.
Category 3: functionality cookies
These cookies enable the website to remember choices you make (such as the size or product line you order, commenting on the BC Blog) and so provide more enhanced features tailored to your requirements. The information they gather may be anonymised to help us/Shopify improve the operation of the website.
Category 4: targeting cookies or advertising cookies
These cookies collect information on your website browsing and are used to make advertisements more relevant to you, limit the number of times you see an advertisement and measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
16. In particular the following cookies are used:
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where.
Our Style Club
18 a. The BC Website has a facility to subscribe to its Style Club. To join the Style Club you must provide us with your name and email address and any other personal information we may request to join the Club. We may share this information with MailChimp, an email service we use to assist us in managing the Style Club more efficiently, sending you emails about the Club and information about our products and services, and to conduct market research to enable us to improve our services and the BC Website. We may also share this personal information with third-parties connected to MailChimp. Those third-parties/we/Mail Chimp may also receive personal information about you from the computer, mobile phone or other device you use to join the Style Club or, after subscribing to the Style Club, access the BC Website or BC Blog or otherwise interact with us.
c. While you are a member of the Style Club, we may use your personal information to;
If after subscribing to the Style Club you decide you do not wish us to contact you in this way, you can remove yourself from the Style Club via an ‘unsubscribe’ link on any Style Club email or email us at email@example.com or write to us at The Bias Cut Limited, PO Box 73605, London SE13 9DZ..
Using and Sharing your Data
19. We may use your personal information:
We shall not disclose your cardholder data to any third-party other than in connection with processing a card payment transaction you have requested.
20. We may use statistical data we receive about you for internal operations, statistical analysis, troubleshooting and otherwise improving the BC Website.
22.We shall not give your personal information to a third-party without your express approval except as:
a. reasonably necessary to fulfil any service request or customer support (such as performing credit or other security checks or arranging for you to be sent a product you have ordered), or
b. we reasonably believe is required or permitted to comply with any tax or other applicable law or regulation, or
c. necessary to protect or enforce the rights, property or safety of the BC Website, its users and/or the public, or
Retaining Your Personal Data